Tuesday 2 April 2013

Lesbians Should Stop Pinging And Texting Me - Nollywood Actress Iyabo Ojo


Ok o, lesbians steer clear of Iyabo Ojo, she say she no dey do, na by force?

Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo is popular and is the founder and coordinator of Pinkie Foundation, whose members are all ladies. In reaction to the allegation that the Pinkies Foundation is a lesbian organisation, she said: 

There have been misconceptions about the motives of the pinkies Foundation, what can you say about that?
A lot of people had different impressions about when we started, because of the name, the sexy Pink Ladies. So they though it was a lesbian group, but 80 percent of the women in the group are married with kids. And I am not someone who supports lesbianism. I don’t have a problem with those who practice it, it’s their choice, but I do not believe in it because I don’t think it’s normal. So when people make such accusation, I just laugh.

I read a paper recently with the headline Iyabo Ojo in trouble over lesbian Party and I laughed. I do not want to talk bad about lesbians but I am not someone who supports it, and I don’t like them giving wrong impression about what I do, because I don’t want lesbians coming to me, pinging me or texting me and I have to start insulting or rebuffing them. I have actually done that.

The media is actually sending the wrong message, when you talk about my group being a lesbian group, because I do not support lesbianism, I do not believe in it, I do not encourage  it. I have not been and never will I be part of that, I have a man in my life and I believe in the normal way of life. I think it’s not normal, I think it’s mental dysfunction of anybody who does that. I don’t see it as something that is right. I’m sorry if it sounds offensive to lesbians but I do not appreciate it. When they do it, it’s their life. I don’t condemn them for what they do, but I’m not a part of it. Thanking fully, I’m using this medium to say it out to lesbians, they should stop texting me or pinging me, because I am not a lesbian and I do not appreciate it. When they do that I would insult them, so they should please stop peddling all this rumors because it is not true.

No comments:

Post a Comment