Saturday 6 April 2013

I Was The Breadwinner While My Marriage Lasted - Nollywood Actress Moji Olaiya


Nollywood actress, Moji Olaiya has come out clean, to say that her marriage to Mr Okesola is over and there is no going back. This is an excerpt from an interview she granted Nigerian Tribune:

So, in what state is your marriage as we speak, are you still with your husband?
I want to use this medium to say categorically and officially that I am separated for life with my husband. I have never talked about this officially before because I was thinking we could amend and make it work again but I am saying emphatically here that all is forever over between me and my husband. This has been on for two years now but I thank God I have been able to pick my life back and move ahead.

Are you saying the issue is irreconcilable?
Exactly. It is finally over between us, there is no going back.

But what actually happened between you and your husband?
It’s a long story, but I guess the error I made was not taking time to study him before marrying him; I rushed into the marriage because I was in love. Now, I see and know better. But we are separated for life and for good. We only courted for a year and a half and he was always going and coming. It was more of a love across the sea affair.

For how long were you married and how many children do you have for each other?
We were together for four years and there is no child between us. He has two boys already and I have my daughter, so we didn’t have any kid.

Could that be the reason for the issues at home or could it be that he wasn’t comfortable with your job?
It had nothing to do with no kids or my job. He didn’t just understand and wasn’t ready to be a real man that will fend for his wife and home. While the marriage lasted I gave it my all, I ensured I didn’t sleep out on location just to keep my home and my job suffered a bit too but he wasn’t just there for me. While we were together, I was practically the bread winner, he was unnecessarily and unfairly suspicious and listens to rumours about my personality, I doubt if he had real love for me because you don’t doubt whom you love. He wasn’t hardworking at all and he never appreciated my efforts in keeping the home intact financially such that he even turned brutal, there were issues of domestic abuse. It is a bad thing for a man not to be hardworking and unable to fend for his home.  But it is all over now and we have not even communicated in the last two years.


Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment