Sunday 7 April 2013

Being Single: I'm Paying The Price For Being Famous - Nollywood Actress Rose Odika



Uhmmmmmmmmmmm, fame comes with all its trappings and of course, privacy is no longer a luxury for celebrities, this is an excerpt of the interview Nollywood actress, Rose Odika granted Nigerian Tribune.

Pains and gains of being a celebrity.
The gains are more than the pains. There were times I found myself in situations that I knew if I were not a star, I won’t go scot free. When you are on the queue in the bank and you are recognised, they would say madam, step forward. It’s lovely. The negative effect is that when a guy takes you to his mother that this is the girl I want to marry the mother would say “ iyawo aye, this popular woman, you won’t enjoy her o.” That is why most actresses are not married. That is why some of us are divorced.
 
I am a victim of that. Most men cannot cope with a celebrity wife, they get hurt when they go out with their wives and the wives are recognised while they are not. It hurts their egos. The major reason I have not remarried is that most men that I come across want me to drop acting and I cannot. They love you but they cannot cope with your popularity. They can’t take you somewhere secretly, everybody will know you are there and a majority of them are married. It is not easy at my age to find somebody who is not married and they don’t want a popular woman because they don’t want their wives to hear about it. So that is a price to pay for being famous.

For more

No comments:

Post a Comment